Whitehouse Beekeeping 8 frame/box Supers made from New Zealand Pine
- Dovetail joints for easy assembly and added strength
- Supers Inner Dimension: 46.5/48.5 (L) x 36.5 (W) x 24(H) cm
- Supers Outer Dimension: 50.6 (L) x 40.6 (W) x 24.2 (H) cm
- Capacity 8 Frames Standard Full Depth Size
In the Box:
- 4x Walls / Set of Supers (as photographed)
- 8x Unassembled Frames
- New Zealand Pine Wood
- Screws are Galvanised Steel
Raw wood, free of chemicals & finishes. Simply use Outdoor Primer & Outdoor Paint or Oil.
*Photos shows these products assembled. Please be advised that this product comes unassembled (excl. Lid).
When I should add new supers to my pre-existing beehive?
General rule of thumb is to add new supers when the one below is 80% full / drawn or 8/10 frames. This is obvious when there is white wax constructed on the above combs.
Warning, sometimes bees can work up the middle and ignore the outer frames. If you suspect they're not filling up the outer frames then you need to place the unfilled frames in between the full frames.